Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Adventure Continues

Here is an update on our little family. This year is flying by. I am amazed at all that has happened since my last post.

I got in a wreck on the way to an interview. The day before it had snowed pretty hard. Luckily there was very little damage to my car. A lady was turning right, in the snow, and slid. She hit my car, a bicyclist and another car.  The bicyclist flew pretty far so I jumped out and rushed over to him. His seat was turned to a 90 degree angle and the frame was bent. I asked him if he was okay but he was in a hurry to leave. He looked ridiculous riding away with his bike all a mess.


Then it snowed a couple weeks after and I decided to drive my parents Honda Accord to work. I got it stuck in our driveway and had to have Matt get it out. After Matt got the car unstuck, I started to work. At the round about (in my neighborhood) I did a 360! The roads were not that bad so I kept going. I got two lights down the road just to do a 360 again! I was done driving at this point so I pulled over and called Matt. I told him that something was wrong with the car and that I was not moving until someone would come and get me. He told me to call my mom since she would be closer to where I was. Mom than came and rescued me. We switched cars. I was shaking and told her to be careful driving the Honda back. She brushed it off thinking it was just that I had not driven in snow much. BOY WAS SHE WRONG. The caliper on the back left side was frozen so the wheel was not turning at all. My mom never made it home and she got the car towed to be fixed. No one was hurt (at least physically... I am mentally scarred).

Note to Self: I HATE DRIVING IN SNOW!

I accepted a job with Lakewood Electric and am enjoying learning all about this new company. My job title is Human Resource/ Payroll Manager. The people I work with are great and the job keeps me on my toes. Funny enough I work with a Rhonda, Travis and Mike. I guess we need to hire a Darcy and Colette next...

Matt got called to be the deacons advisor and assistant scout master. This keeps him pretty busy! Matt also just turned 30 in February! For his birthday I surprised him with reservations to The Denver Aquarium. While at dinner I surprised him with tickets to see the Houston Rockets verses the Denver Chicken Nuggets. After dinner we walked through the aquarium and we had it all to ourselves. We had so much fun.







Aria is growing like a weed. She loves playing with her cousins. In fact, every morning when she wakes up see ask to see them. She is sad when they are not coming over. Although, when Bryce and Kyler are over they love making a slide with pillows going down the stairs. She loves to talk (not surprising since she gets that from me). Her favorite movie is The Lorax! Her favorite song from the movie is "How bad can I be?" She dances and sings it. IT'S SUPER CUTE! Aria has discovered Tyson's lizards and plays with them often.



1 comment: